Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Friday, April 18, 2014

April A to Z: The Letters 'P' and 'Q' and Celebrate the Small Things

Happy Friday, all! It's another day to celebrate Arlee Bird's April A to Z Blog Challenge.


It's also another Friday to Celebrate with VikLit over at Scribblings of an Inspiring Author.



So I'll start with my celebrations.

1. We had a baby shower for my youngest daughter. I forgot to mention it last week.


2. My tomato, pepper, and kale babies are coming along nicely. I'll transplant them next week.


3. I have some lovely lavender growing.


4. Even though my cucumbers were overcome by white mildew, my squash and zuchinni are still going. Although, I had to snip some leaves off my babies this morning.



April is the month for major rains in Florida. When I woke up this morning, some of those babies had brown wet spots. So I pruned off those leaves. Not too mention, we've had temps in the 40s and 50s here the last couple of days. Squash and zucchini like heat to grow.


If these don't survive, I'll just replant. 

5. I'm thankful I finally fixed some of my computer problems. But it left me with little time to write. Thursday morning I actually got an hour in.

And now for the blog challenge. If you've been keeping up with me, I've been posting pictures hinting at what is to come in the next book to the Lila's Journey Series, Killer Stilettos.

The one with the most correct answers wins a copy of Secondhand Shoes or one for their Kindle.

Okay then. P is for what?


And since I couldn't find anything for 'Q', I give you another eighties band. Depeche Mode. I know its the letter 'D'. But I did find their music video on Question of Time.


This concludes my Friday post. Have a great weekend, all. And Happy Shabbats if you practice!

Hugs and chocolate!
Shelly

19 comments:

  1. P is for Panic!

    All great things. Congrats to your daughter, and you. Now, I want to plant some things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Miranda!
      Good answer. But that is not it.

      Delete
  2. Miranda got it!
    Hope your plants survive the cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good answer. But that's t not it.

      I hope they survive, too. There also may be a nitrogen or iron deficiency.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your daughter!

    I would be excited about those veggies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got quite a garden going there, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbors are casting their bids for certain veggies, too.

      Delete
  5. I would have thought panic, but that's not it... poltergeist, but that's not visible...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi human, Shelly,

    A baby shower for your youngest daughter. I'm sure that was a fun time.

    "P" is for "Penny!" Pepper is something to sneeze at. Right on Q, I shall now leave.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny, the friendly host of the Alphabark Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the impending arrival!

    I think Q gave a few people trouble this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm getting another grandson.

      And I think x,y, z will happen in one day for me. I'm stumped.

      Delete
  8. ?Could P be for your friend's book? LOL Penniless Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a couple days late in reading (sorry about that) Is the pic hint for pain? I also loved the video!

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.